Friday 24 January 2014

Kisses with Color



Recently I've had an obsession with lip products. Literally everywhere I go i'll see a lipstick or even a Chapstick and i've just gotta get it. I'm one of those people that has super dry lips, so i'm constantly putting on Chapstick or lipgloss. I mean ask my friends, I have about five different Chapstick/Lipsticks in my pencil case! Usually I just wear chapstick, keepin it all nat-tur-ral. But, i've decided that I want to try and explore the world of color. So today I went to the store and picked up some of the new lip products at Walmart. After making a deal with my mom to make a salad if she drove me, we arrived.  Ok, let me tell you the glorious surprise I came upon when I made it to the makeup isle. ~Drum Rolllll~ Walmart remodeled their makeup section so now they have wayyyy more makeup, it was heavenly. I was now surrounded by makeup on all sides. I had to refrain from just buying everything, like jeez Megan get it together! I finally made it out of Walmart with 5 different lip products, I guess I couldn't keep it all together #sorrynotsorry... Anyways, I got lip stuff from Burt's Bees, Loreal, Covergirl, Maybelline, and 2 different products from Revlon. Now to the good stuff:



1. Burt's Bees Soothing Lip Balm
I know I came in for colored lip products, but I just couldn't resist! This is the Burt's Bees Soothing lip balm and it has eucalyptus and menthol. Let me tell you how incredible this stuff is. It feels so amazing when you put it on, it feels like you're heeling your lips completely. The only downfall is the smell. It doesn't smell horrible, I mean I kinda like it. But, there's just something a little off, it's minty from the menthol but i think it the eucalyptus is a little funky smelling. I love it when stuff smells good, and this is half good half bad. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this a 9, because of the weird smell.

2. Loreal Colour Riche Balm
This is in the shade Heavenly Berry.  I got this because it seemed like it would make your lips feel super smooth and great, but still add a little color. I've only put this on once, but I already love it. It literally feels like you're spreading butter on your lips. I know that's super weird to say, I mean who spreads butter on their lips, but if you ever did, i bet it would feel like this. It goes on really easy and has a nice subtle pinkish color, that's perfect for me, plus it feels super hydrating! On my smell-O-meter, I would say it passes, it doesn't smell like much but it's a good slight smell not a bad one. I would give this balm a 9.5 because I absolutely love the color and it fells great on my lips!

3.  Covergirl Smoochies
This is in the shade #text me. I've actually had this one for quite some time and I also have another one. I absolutely love these because not only are they super smooth while applying, but they stay one forever! I can't really say that about any of these other lipsticks, so maybe I'll do a tiny post just with the long term feed back of the other lipsticks, but this one is great. I really do love the Smoochies, and they have agreat variety of colors. As far as smell, I don't really notice one. I give this a 9 as well.

4. Maybelline Elixers
I got this one in the shade Celestial Coral, but it doesn't really look corally in the packaging. Great job Meg, way to describe it, not really corally, *clap, clap*.  Anyways, I'd heard a lot about these elixers from multiple youtube beauty gurus and decided that I had to a least get one, so I did. I really liked the packaging for the elixers because it looks like a perfectly shaped lipstick, but it's actually a lip glossish thingy. Wow, I'm doing so well today on the descriptors. When i put it on it was more pink than it looked, but I liked it. Plus, it smells and actually tastes pretty good, kind of flowery. It was really smooth while applying it and more glossy too, but not over the top. I would give this an 8.5 only because the color was not quite what I expected, although I still love it and would still recommend this to everyone.

5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
The shade is Smitten, and I love it. It's very pigmented and has a ton of color. It was more on the matte side compared to the others and I like that, because sometimes that gloss can get outta control! This stuff was nice and minty smelling and it went on really easy, plus it's crayon shaped so it's almost like coloring on your face! It is a little more bright pink than you would expect. I definitely wouldn't wear this on a day-to-day basis, but it's a great color and I think I will wear it a bunch more in the summer. I would give this a 9 because the color was brighter than it looked but other than that a great product.

6. Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick
Ok, I'm just gonna admit it, this color was way out of my comfort zone, but hey it's fun to try new things! This is in the shade Vigorous Violet, and I've always wanted to try a purple lipstick, I'm just a curious person. Plus it was liquid lipstick, liquid. So I had to give it a try, and lets just say it was worth it! I actually really like this color, it's dark but not to dark, perfect for the winter. Also, it's matte so it's just, UGH AMAZE! It's not as thick as you would think or gooey like some lip glosses, but it's also not creamy like a lipstick. It's indescribable... I have to say though, it was kind of hard to apply. It was almost too liquidy, but it was easy to wipe off and clean it up it you messed up a little. After having it on though for like 45 seconds, it's a completely different consistency. I can already tell that this stuff is not gonna budge. Like I'm wiping it with my finger as we speak and there isn't a trace of purple on it, sweet! It has little sparkles in it as well. I would give this one a 9.5 maybe 9.7 because this was probably the biggest surprise of the night! I was genuinely ready to return this, I saved the receipt, kept the bag, everything. But I really like it. I would say over all, this is probably my favorite one.

 Kisses!!
-Megan



*All pictures in this post were taken by me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment