Thursday 27 March 2014

Hydrated and Soft Lips

I have an obsession, I have an obsession with lip products. Mainly with Chap-stick. I absolutely hate it when my lips are dry and cracked! One way to keep your lips flake free and well hydrated is to use a lip scrub every so often. The great thing about lip scrubs is that they are super easy to make, and you can make them however you want. I wanted to show you just how much a lip scrub can really help your lips become hydrated and smooth instantly! Here are my favorite lip scrubs that I found surfing Pinterest, but if you want to just buy some lip scrubs check out LUSH they have some lip products!

 Before: Ya I know, super duper dry and annoying!

The lip scrub that I decided to show you guys is the simplest of the four recipes and most people have these ingredients in their kitchen.

Brown Sugar Lip Scrub:
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Honey
2 Tsp Olive Oil

 The Scrub:
Once you put the lip scrub on you can either wash it off with a wash cloth, or like me, just lick it off. Then apply some chap-stick, I used Say Yes To Pomegranates chap-stick. 

After: Silky Smoooooth

Other Great Lip Scrub Recipes 
1. Minty Fresh (Kind of like the Mint Julep LUSH scrub)
3Tbs brown sugar
2Tbs olive oil
A couple drops of mint extract
Dried mint leaves (or fresh if you have some)

2. Oranges and Lemons
2Tbs Sugar
1 1/2 Tbs shae butter
1 Tsp orange zest
1 Tsp lemon zest

3. Strawberry and Banana 
1 Tsp strawberries (pureed)
1 Tsp Bananas (pureed)
3 Tbs Sugar
1 1/2 Tbs coconut oil

Hope you enjoyed this post!! 
<3 Megan <3





No comments:

Post a Comment