Friday 7 March 2014

How To: Winged Eyeliner

I love the fact that winged eyeliner is so classic and can be either casual or glam, depending on the line and your outfit. Only Problem? It's WAY HARD! First you have to figure out how to make the shape, then you gotta perfect it, then it has to match the other eye. That's probably the hardest part by far. For this post I'm just going to show you guys how to do a simple winged eye look, as well as give you guys a few tips on how to get the right shape and such. First of all you guys need to know that it will take practice, lots, and patients as well. It took me a while to learn how to do this and even then I still have problems with this... So if you get a perfect winged eye first try you are probably a makeup god, best explanation...



So here we go... let's get to it!


 1) Use an eyeshadow primer as a good base because it helps the liner stay on and we will put on a little eyeshadow. The primer I used was the Revlon Photoready eye primer.





2) Time for the eyeshadow!! I'm using my Maybelline Chic Naturals palette and putting the lightest color on my lid as well as my brow-bone. Next I'm taking the second lightest color and only putting it on my lid. Finally I'm taking the maroonish color and putting it on the crease, this eyeshadow palette also comes with a much darker brown for the liner and stuff like that, but I don't want to overdo it.\


3) Next I'm going to take my liquid eyeliner - mine's from Stila -  then start at the inner corner of my eye and I'm lining the whole eye, slowly so that I can keep the line fairly straight. Also start the line thin and make it thicker, but don't start thick because you can't undo it.

4)Time to make the wing!!
For the shape of the wing you want to start at the corner of your eye and make an angle. Imagine like it's reaching for your eyebrow - but DON'T make the line to your eyebrow, that would be bad. Another good thing to think is that you are continuing the lower lid, go at that angle.

**Quick Tip** If you have an unused business card or something similar you can use that as a stencil for you line by putting it at the corner of your eye lined with your lower lid. You can also just use some tape and make it at the angle you want to go.

5) Make the line thicker by connecting it to your previous line on your lid, don't go too far though because you don't want the line overly thick.

6) Then I'm just going to finish the look by curling my eyelashes and putting on my mascara, Covergirl Clump Crusher.









So that's about it! It's hard at first and it's very easy to mess up, but with enough practice you will be able to get it and make it even. Have fun!!


<3 Megan <3



No comments:

Post a Comment