Friday 7 February 2014

A Little Bit of the 80's


Ok so I'm obsessed with the Carrie Diaries. There I said it, and I'm proud of it cause that show is amazing, and whoever doesn't watch better start. I just love the fashion, the hair, and of course the whole show itself. I think that the 80's would've been an awesome time to live in. I mean it was just so fun and colorful, and everyone just expressed themselves. So I kinda wanted to do something a little bit 80's this week. I was feeling inspired to do something with my wet hair instead of just letting it dry flat like I usually do, so I decided to crimp my hair, and while doing so, I made a little tutorial so you guys could do the same :) I really like this hair style, I wasn't expecting it to be this big and full, I just wanted to make my hair wavy, but instead it turned out better, and I was way excited!


Step 1: Shower
Take a quick 5 minute shower so you hair is wet. I washed my hair because I love when you put your hair in a braid when its wet and then when you take it out its super soft and smells so good. The shampoo I use is the Pantene sleek and smooth, it has argan oil in it which smells super good and keeps your hair frizz free :)  I use Herbal Essence: Honey I'm Strong Conditioner, but I'll be switching to the Pantene Conditioner that is the same as my shampoo whenever my conditioner runs out.

Step 2) Brush your Hair
Let you hair air dry for a bit, then brush it and if you part your hair in a special way (I part mine on the right), then part it before you start to braid, because after you take your hair out there's nothing you can do about your part. 
 Photo curtesy of  nmcad.blogspot.com
Step 3) Wait A Bit...
I know it seems weird to put this in, but its actually important because it you immediately put your hair in braids it may not fully dry by the morning. I waited about 10-15 minutes before I started to put my hair up. 

Step 4) Braid It!
You're going to want to make pretty small braids so it's more crimped not wavy. I put my hair in 9-10 small braids, and braided as close as possible to my head. If you don't know how to braid hair click here, she has a great and easy to follow simple braid tutorial. Then Tie off you braid with one of those small clear rubber bands so you don't have a huge mark where your ponytail holder was. Also you want to let your braid go down as far as possible, so if one section of the three runs out, tie it off, then start again until you can't go any further.



Photo curtesy of esmmweighless.com
Step 5) Sleep 
My favorite part of the night! Sleeping!! Simply sleep and let air dry your hair (haha that rhymed!)




Displaying photo.JPG
















Step 6) Take 'Em Out

Take out the braids, and then style your hair however you want! I left mine down and didn't do anything with it, which was nice, but you can pin back your bangs , put it up in a ponytail, or just do whatever. :)

Hope this helped and that you are able to put a little 80's fun into your life!

<3 Love Ya <3
-Megan


*All photos were taken by me unless otherwise stated:)

1 comment:

  1. Dude dude dude dude haha thanks for linking me in this :)

    ReplyDelete