Friday 29 November 2013

Black Friday Do's and Don'ts

Thanksgiving has passed and now it's time for the national day of shopping, Black Friday. This year I was in California for Thanksgiving, and it just so happened that the mall close to where we were staying opened at 8 pm for Black Friday shopping. My family decided to go at about 9 pm and just shop for an hour. After we finished shopping, my family was fried and unable to go to another store. After we got home, I couldn't help thinking that if we had done some things different, we could've had a much more enjoyable time. So without further ado, I give you Black Friday Shopping Do's and Don'ts.


DO: 

 Wear Comfortable Shoes. I suggest shoes meant for walking, like running shoes. I saw some people out shopping in four inch heels! What are you doing?! Also, don't wear shoes that could possibly give you a blister. I decided to wear boots because we were going to the mall straight from Thanksgiving dinner and I didn't want to show up in sneakers. But, to my dismay, the shoes rubbed on my heel and gave me a blister, which is not fun when you're walking around the mall. 

Know What You Want To Get. If you walk in knowing exactly what stores you want to go to and what you want to get, then you can cut your shopping time in half. Also, if you walk with a purpose and look slightly above peoples' heads in the mall, people will go around you because they don't think you're paying attention and don't want to get hit.


Go With a Group. I went shopping with my cousin and my sister. It was nice because you could have someone stand in line while you look, then switch places when you'd seen everything. That way you weren't standing at the back of the line once you're ready to make your purchase. But, don't be the group that has one person waiting, then ten people come and join you and pay separately. No one likes that group. 



DON'T:

Stay Past Your Limit. Everyone has a shopping limit. Some can stay for hours while others can only go for an hour max. If you start to feel like you're going past your limit, stop. Once you get tired of shopping, you won't find anything because you'll be in a bad mood.

Go Over Your Budget. Before you go shopping, know how much you want to spend, make it reasonable, and stick with it. Don't go over, because you'll probably end up regretting spending too much in the future.

Think Just About the Moment. Remember when you go shopping and you try something on, think about where you can wear that item of clothing. If you can't think of anywhere, don't get it. Also, think about what you'll be wearing it with. If you can't think of anything to match it with, don't get it. 

Hopefully this can make your Black Friday shopping a little more enjoyable and less stressful. Good Luck!

 <3 Megan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment