Friday 11 October 2013

Scartacular!

So as everyone knows that it's time for Halloween! I absolutely love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday, other than Christmas. I'm one of those people that loves to be scary. I just love to put on weird somewhat gory makeup. Why? I don't know I'm just weird like that. So I decided this October, up until Halloween, I'm going to be giving you guys ideas for costumes as well as Halloween makeup tutorials. Anyways, while I was being bored, I came upon a picture, on none other than the god almighty Pinterest, of someone with a fake scar. I was like, I gotta learn how to do this! You would think making a realistic and 3D looking scar would be hard, but honestly it's one of the easiest, and realistic looking makeup effects. If you don't like to go all out for Halloween than this is great for you! Or you could just use this as a detail to contribute to your look. This literally takes like 10 minutes, and it could basically be your whole costume.

What your going to need is pink lip liner, rigid collodion, some lip gloss, and some concealer that matches your skin tone. I got my rigid collodion here. Rigid collodion is the most important for this because it adds the affect that your scar is actually in your skin. When rigid collodion dries it wrinkles the skin as it dries creating the scar affect.

Step One: Create A Base

First you want to take your lip liner and make a thin sketch on your face where you want the scar to be, I also smudged it a bit so it wasn't as perfect. It works best on the cheek areas, because they have the most skin for the rigid collodion to wrinkle. I make my scar shape in somewhat of a line, but not to straight because you want it to be natural, it's ok if it's not perfect, because no scar is perfect.




Step Two: Add the Collodion

Rigid Collodion comes in a bottle somewhat like a nail polish and you paint it on the scar just like you're painting a nail. I suggest putting on about eight layers just to make it noticable. If it still isn't as deep as you want just add some more layers, it's basically up to you how many layers you want and how deep you want your scar.
  













Step Three: The Details

After the collodion dries, put a small amount of concealer on the scar to make it a little more like your skin. Put the concealer on the scar by dabbing it on, then blend it. You don't want too much concealer, because you still want to see the pinkness of the scar.

Lastly add a bit of pink lip gloss to the scar to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment