Friday 9 May 2014

How To Style Short Hair

So as you probably figured out from my last post, I cut my hair. It is literally so nice. I cut off about 8" of my hair and I don't regret it one bit. The salon I went to was super great too! It was called Salon O, check out their website here. My hairstylist was amazing, her name was Jessie, she listened to what I wanted and she didn't pull a crazy hairstylist and cut off way too much. I love having short hair, my old hair had so many split ends and it always got tangled. Now, my hair is so healthy and I can literally wake up and brush my hair with my hands if I wanted to. The only problem? It's a little tricky to style. However, I have found five hairstyles that look amazing with short hair (as well as long hair), and I want to share them with you!
*********************************************************************************
1. Messy Waves
I absolutely love this style! It's just so casual looking and it's the perfect summer hairstyle! 

Step One:
 Section off hair, I like to take the top part of my hair and put it up.

Step Two:
 Take a small section of your hair and twist it, then wrap it around your curling iron. Hold your hair on for 5 seconds in thin and 10 if thicker. I only help my hair on for 5 seconds because it's pretty thin.

Step Three:
Continue doing this for the whole first layer of hair. Then do it for the second layer. Keep in mind the tighter you wrap your hair around the iron, the tighter the wave, so try not to make it super tight.

Step Four:
Finally I'm going to add a little dry shampoo to my hair just to make it a little more messy and voluminous.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
2. Side Back
I really like this style because it's super quick and easy, yet it looks amazing!

Step One:
Part you hair to the side

Step Two:
Take the front piece of hair from the side that is bigger than the other, I just took my side bangs back.

Step Three:
Twist that piece of hair back.

Step Four:
Pin piece behind head.

Step Five:
If you want, you can curl or hair, or make messy waves.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
3. Half and Half
In this hair style I like to put half of my hair and half of it down. This way my hair is out of my face but it's not fully up.

Step One:
Take the two sections of hair above your ears on each side.

Step Two:
 Pull both pieces to the back of your head and smooth out.

Step Three:
Secure hair with a clear hair tie.

Step Four:
If you want to you can always curl the little back ponytail, or put a bow on it.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4. Over The Top
This is similar to a braided crown, but it's not a full one. I think that this hairstyle is perfect it can either be dressed up or just casual.  This hairstyle also looks awesome with wavy hair!

Step One:
Take a section of hair from just above the ear, like in the half and half hairstyle, except just take the hair section on one side.

Step Two:
Using that section of hair you are going to french braid across the top of your head. If you dont know how to do a french braid check out this simple tutorial for a french braid here.

Step Three:
Continue with the french braid until till you get to your other ear.

Step Four:
Secure hair with bobby pins, I used four and placed them in x's.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
5. Add Some Accessories
For this one I'm using a bandana to create a super cute hairstyle.

Step One:
Part hair on the side.

Step Two:
Wrap the bandana around your head and tie in bow, like a headband.

Step Three:
I like to move the bandana to the side, as well as have my hair wavy whenever I do my hair like this, but you can still just have your hair natural and it'll still look great!
*********************************************************************************
Hope the helped those of you guys get some ideas on how to style your hair!

<3 Megan <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment